Penguin Parade Day Tour
Phillip Island is located 140 km on the south east of Melbourne, named after Arthur Phillip (first governor of New South Wales). its proximity to the state capital makes it a popular weekend tourist destination, especially during the summer months. The island is connected to the mainland by just a bridge. The island is home to an abundance of wild animals, including notably native kangaroos, koalas, mutton birds, seals and the well-known little penguins (up to 32,000 living in the waters around Phillip Island). In recent years, an increasing number of Humpback and Southern Right whales are spotted in the nearby coastal area. Furthermore, The island is steeped in motorsport with motorcycle and car racing events held throughout the year on its circuit.
- Puffing Billy - steam train that travels through Dandenong Ranges’s forests and fern gullies, first opened on 18 December 1900,
- Maru Koala and Animal Park - a family run attraction that includes an animal park featuring koalas, kangaroos and other Australian native animals and mini gold course.
- (Summer) Dinner in seaside town, Cowes with many restaurants to choose from.
- Phillip Island Chocolate Factory - a large sweets shop where you can create your own chocolate or go for a chocolate exhibition (optional, extra charges apply for exhibition admission. Read more).
- The Nobbies & Seal Rocks - enjoy ocean views from the boardwalks and if you are lucky enough, you may see native Australian fur seals nestling on rocks.
- Penguin Parade - watch the world's smallest penguins waddle out of the sea and parade across Summerland Beach to their sand burrows.
Summer: Depart at 10 AM and return at 10:30-11 PM.
Winter: Depart at 9 AM and return at 8:30 PM
Free Melbourne CBD pick-up and drop-off on tour date
A minimum of 5 participants are required to confirm a tour, once five participants have been confirmed, individual booking can be accepted until a tour is fully booked.
$195 per adult
$160 per child
Friendly Reminder Before Your Trip
- Warm jacket and sweater as it's quite cold when you await for Penguin Parade (outdoors at the beach)
- Comfortable and warm shoes
- Snacks to keep you warm in the cold
- Transportation costs
- Travel guide fees
- National park entry fee
- Vehicle parking fees
- Penguin Parade admission ticket
- Maru Koala and Animal Park general admission ticket
- Puffing Billy train ride fare
Please note that we are not liable for meal and drink costs, chocolate factory tour cost (optional) or any cost you may incur for any activity that is not included in this tour .