Phillip Island is located 140 km on the south east of Melbourne, named after Arthur Phillip (first governor of New South Wales). its proximity to the state capital makes it a popular weekend tourist destination, especially during the summer months. The island is connected to the mainland by just a bridge. The island is home to an abundance of wild animals, including notably native kangaroos, koalas, mutton birds, seals and the well-known little penguins (up to 32,000 living in the waters around Phillip Island). In recent years, an increasing number of Humpback and Southern Right whales are spotted in the nearby coastal area. Furthermore, The island is steeped in motorsport with motorcycle and car racing events held throughout the year on its circuit.
- Two hour scenic drive to Phillip Island
- Koala Conservation Centre - watch koalas up close from treetop boardwalks.
- Phillip Island Chocolate Factory - a large sweets shop where you can create your own chocolate or go for a chocolate exhibition (optional, extra charges apply for exhibition admission. Read more).
- Churchill Island Heritage Farm - explore the homestead and working farm. Watch daily farming activities like milking cows and shearing sheep. Learn about the farm’s history and admire local birdlife.
- The Nobbies & Seal Rocks - enjoy ocean views from the boardwalks and if you are lucky enough, you may see native Australian fur seals nestling on rocks.
- Penguin Parade - watch the world's smallest penguins waddle out of the sea and parade across Summerland Beach to their sand burrows.
Summer: Depart at 9:45 AM and return at 10:30-11 PM
Winter: Depart at 8:30 AM and return at 8:30 - 9 PM.
Mercedes (Up to 7 Passengers): AUD $749
Mercedes (8 - 11 Passengers): AUD $899
- Penguins Plus seats a maximum of 300 people in a separate location to the larger General Viewing area and usually attracts a higher volume of penguin traffic. Less people and more penguins! Priced at $47.20 per adult or $23.60 per child.
- Phillip Island Helicopter – See magnificent Phillip Island from the air on a Phillip Island Helicopter Tour. Price range from $85 to $420 with varying duration and attractions. More Information
- A Maze’N Things - A Maze’N Things is a magical world of illusions, puzzles, mazes and mini golf that provides hours of fun for the whole family. Price starts at $15.50 adult / $11.50 child for Maxi Mini Gold to $44 adult / $29.50 child for the whole package. More Information
- Maru Koala and Animal Park - a family run attraction that includes an animal park featuring koalas, kangaroos and other Australian native animals and mini gold course. Price: adult: $20 / $11 child. More Information
Note: the above activities are provided by third-party service providers.
Kind Reminder Before Your Trip
- Warm jacket and sweater as it's quite cold when you await for Penguin Parade (outdoors at the beach)
- Comfortable and warm shoes
- Snacks to keep you warm in cold weather
- Transportation costs
- Travel guide fees
- National park entry fee
- Free bottled water
- Hotel pick-up / drop-off
- Penguin Parade admission ticket. Price: Adult: $25.10 / Child: $12.50
- Koala Conservation Centre admission ticket. Price: Adult: $12.50 / Child: $6.25
- Churchill Heritage Farm admission ticket. Price: Adult: $12.50 / Child: $6.25
- Bundle package for the above three admission tickets. Price: Adult16+: $42.60 / Child 4-15: $21.30
- Optional Activities costs
- Meal and drink costs